Skip to main content

Preliminary Layout

    Now that I have made bigger steps in the right direction towards my film, it's time to lay some things out so that I can get everything ironed out.         

        For this film, the title is going to be, From Dream To Reality. I picked this title because to me it was the vest one to go with. It best sums up the whole film in four words. The kids dreams about what he wants to do and then it happens. 

        There isn't going to be many locations used for the shoot. Currently the three ones that are going to be used is a teenage boys bedroom, a locker room and a basketball court. I picked these three because to me, a kid in his bedroom talking to himself late at night represents a teenage boy pretty well. I think the locker room would be a good idea because that's where referee's pregame, they talk about how the game is going to go, what to expect from the game and pretty much everything there. Finally, the basketball court of course. The court is where you are going to see the referee's call the game, you're going to see them talking to the press box calling fouls. 

        The characters in the film aren't quite ironed out yet. The three referees are going to be my dad and his crew that he normally officiates with but I haven't been able to find a boy to play the role for that part.
    
        The actions that's going to be going on through the film is that the referees are going to be constantly moving. Whether it's one stretching in the locker room and the other two talking or them on the floor. There will be constant movement between them.

        The plotline in the film is that the kid says something and essentially becomes true in his dream. If this were a full film I would make it so the kid questions it the next night and makes another dream and it comes to reality as well. But since we only have two minutes I have to keep it condensed.

        

Comments