Skip to main content

Peer Pitch and Concept Refinement

AICE Media Studies AS 

Portfolio Project Concept Refinement 

Fall 2020 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

Film 

Genre 

War 

Target Audience (Be specific) 

 Anyone that has interest in war specifically the WWII setting. 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

 The overall concept in an early 20’s year old man in the Army that just got out of basic combat training. He constantly second guesses himself and thinks that the Army is his way to change himself. During the film he would constantly learn the hardships of life in the military especially in WWII. The main characters would be Private, his sergeant and his bunkmate that slowly turns into his best friend 

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

I originally had the idea when I was in 8th grade to enter in the Sarasota Film Festival. But we never got around to it, so I thought this Is the perfect time to do it. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

 What I think is unique about this concept is that I haven’t seen that many war movies in this perspective. I think that this would have an interesting appeal to the audience. 

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

 I think that the storytelling and cinematography will be the 2 biggest eye openers. 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

Don’t go into D-day, go straight into a random war day. Do some more research and add character development.  




    With our concept refinement chart, I received some great feedback from my fellow classmates and teacher. For example, one of the first questions I was asked was " Where in the war is this going to take place? ". When I first answered I said one of the more known days of World War II, D-Day. Then, my teacher chimed in saying, " Why? Every big War movie has one of those big days in war. Why not have it take place in a random day of World War II". That was probably some of the best feedback I have received the day of the pitch. The reasoning behind that is, they were right there is no other movie that is just a random day of war. I got asked another question of " what makes your movie unique and stand out?". With that being said, I knew what to say immediately because that was one of the questions we had to answer. So, I said that my cinematography, storytelling and character development will be the factors that make my film unique. 

    In the article Exploring the role of meaningful experiences in users' appreciation of "good movie, the key to a good film is to have the audience involved as stated in the 7th paragraph. I think that having the audience involved and included is a major factor of movies. Personally, if I am not involved as an audience member what's the point of watching it? I just normally click off it and go scroll on my phone. 
    
    

  


Comments