Over the past eight weeks, we have been reading articles and doing team projects trying to figure out if we want to do our project as a team or individually. I always picked team work in the past because you know it's less work. But, this is different, this to me is something I have always wanted to do and I don't want others to either change how I want this to turn out or others to sway my opinion.
To begin with, we have been doing a bunch of team activities, one being a "Lost at Sea" activity. This was a United States Coast Guard activity and it tests your knowledge and capability to work with a team. What we had to do was rank 15 things that you can get off a ship if you were sinking. It was easy when I did it individually, I thought everything out and had evidence and good reasons behind every reason why I put each thing at each ranking. We were given around 15 minutes to do this, I easily finished in 5 because I trusted myself. After we finished doing it solo we were put into small groups and we discussed our rankings and created new ones if needed. Our group never really agreed on any so we had to change our rankings. When we went through each item, I let everyone around me sway my vote I was essentially useless. After our group time was over we were shown the correct answers on the screen. At the end I saw that I did do better by my self then I did with a team. It was like I froze trying to interact with other people. I didn't know what to say, what to do or how to help the team.
Another activity we did was a Social Media Scout. What this activity had us do was we looked at potential partners social media platforms. There were a few people that I did have in mind but after the Lost at Sea activity and this I knew I had to ride solo for this one. I started out with Instagram, I first went to their profile and it was essentially the same picture but with different people each post. It was them hugging someone else at the beach, every post on their page was beach, beach, beach, beach and beach. Ironically, it was the same with the other person I was going to work with as well. It seems like the only place they go and do is hangout at the beach. That's not necessarily a bad thing but when it comes to something like this I would've like some diversity. I think that there could've been a good chance that I could have worked with someone if there had the same thoughts as me. But, the only person that has the same thoughts as me on this project is myself.
The last thing we did was read a few articles on teamwork and being independent. Actually, all the articles from last week were on team work or transitioning from independence to teamwork.
To wrap it up, I think it is self explanatory on what I want to do with the project. I am going to go the independent route so I can focus on what I want to do and only what I want to do. I believe that if I were to work with anyone they wouldn't do what I want to do and I would listen to them and not stick with my original idea.
Comments
Post a Comment