Skip to main content

Decision Day

        We have been given the opportunity to pick what we do for our End of Course exam. It is between a magazine cover and feature article or a movie opener. For me, the decision was pretty easy, but I will get into that later. Last week we got a couple of days to play around in the software we would be using for each of these projects ( Adobe In-design and Adobe Premiere Pro ).

     We started the week of testing with Adobe Premiere Pro, I instantly knew what I was doing because I have experience with Premiere Pro. It felt like I was ahead of the program almost, since quarantine started I have been playing with editing software and I fell in love with two programs and one was Premiere Pro. 

    In design on the other hand, I struggled. I will be honest, it was difficult I felt like a 3 year old that was given a square block to put in a circle hole. I was clueless on how to use the software I struggled struggled and struggled some more. I couldn't even import a picture into the workstation. Anyways, enough about the struggle bus. As the article " Our place in the Universe: The importance of Story and Storytelling in the classroom " states " Storytelling is part of who we are as humans " and I completely agree with that statement. Storytelling especially in the movie industry is a crucial part of modern day entertainment. Magazines don't get the recognition that they used to especially in these days where we have technology everywhere. According to Brenda Miller, Magazine publishers rely on events to pay for at least 90% of their magazine ( Survival of the Fittest: Four editors on the Future of Literary Magazines). The future of Magazines doesn't look good if I am honest. In my opinion, magazines are just a bunch of pictures and words on pieces of paper. We as humans have been storytelling ever since year 390, according to "Our place in the Universe: The importance of Story and Storytelling in the classroom". For almost 2000 years we have been storytelling and I see no change in the future. 

      From the day this project was introduced to us probably the second or third day of school I knew immediately what I was going to do for this. Ever since elementary school I have been in the " Film Production Industry ( News Crew ) " and I fell in love with it. So, with everything that was discussed. I have chosen to do a movie opener. 

Comments